Hot Golden Circle (incl. Secret Lagoon)
- Þingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Geysir hot spring
- Haukadalur geothermal area
- Secret Lagoon hot spring nature bath
Pickup time: 10:00 - 10:30 am
Duration: ca 8 hrs
DESCRIPTION:Golden Circle is the tour you should not miss if you only do one tour in Iceland. However, make it more special and combine it with a relaxing bath in the Secret Lagoon.
Get picked up from Reykjavik to explore the Golden Circle. You will take a short walk through Thingvellir, a National Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site, located directly between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. The history here is also fascinating; Thingvellir was the original site of what is now the longest-running parliament in the world, formed in 930 AD.
Another stop will be in the geothermal are near Haukadalur valley. This hilly area has a lot of hot springs, but what it is most renowned for is its geysers. The largest, Geysir gave the world the word geyser, while Strokkur is the most active in the area, shooting water up to 30 meters high every five to ten minutes.
Admire the majestic waterfall Gullfoss. The sheer power of the falls is mesmerizing, and its history is inspiring.
On this tour, you will also get the time to slow down and relax like a local. Secret lagoon is Iceland’s oldest swimming pool, filled with water trickling in from an adjacent geothermal area, which, as an added bonus, has another little geyser. Its location could not be more serene, and you will no doubt ease away any tension built up over your holiday in its healing waters.This tour should not be missed by those seeking an authentic Icelandic adventure.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Difficulty: Very easy|
What is included
- Admission to the Secret Lagoon
- Pickup and drop-off from designated bus stops and hotels
- Professional and local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Small-group tour (tour operated exclusively on minibuses with a maximum of 19 passengers)
- Outdoor clothes, preferably wind and waterproof, solid shoes
- Please bring your own swimsuit and towel
- Gateway to Iceland reserves the right to delay, alter or cancel any tour due to weather or any other unsafe conditions for the safety of our clients. All departures require a minimum number of participants in order to operate; 4 adults.