Whales, Puffins & Reykjavík
Experience the wildlife and nature adventure of a lifetime on this small group - personal whale watching tour. The custom made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and puffins than any boats can offer. On this fun tour the fast, stable and safe boats also allow us to cover more area as we search for the wild life, thus increasing your chances of spotting whales, dolphins and bird-life.
This great whale watching tour starts from the Old Harbour of Reykjavík and during the puffin season (early May to the end of August) we also visit the puffins in their natural habitat. Next we head out in search of the whales. There are very few things that will beat the experience of seeing the whales and dolphins as up close as you can at sea level from our RIB boats.
Our whale watching boats are equipped with high performance suspension seats. These shock absorbing seats increase safety and comfort and reduce the risk of injuries. So you can comfortably & securely enjoy your whale watching adventure out on the North Atlantic waters.
After the whale safari we travel back to Reykjavík, where we will take ride along the city's shore line, experiencing a unique panoramic view of Reykjavík from the sea (perfect for photos).
Our boats will take you past the Sun Voyager sculpture and the harbour side of Iceland's most famous building, the glittering Harpa Concert Hall.
This tour has an age limit of 10 years & height limit of 145 CM and we recommend the The Classic Tour on the larger boats for families with younger children.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 10 years|
What is included
- Two hour expertly guided whale whale watching tour in a 12 seater RIB boat.
- Small Group - Only 12 passengers with expert guide & captain
- Flexible Ticket! Easily change the date & time of your departure if needed!
- Puffins are seen on this tour sighted from early May towards the end of August!
- Reykjavík sightseeing with panoramic views off the Sun Voyager & Harpa Concert Hall.
- Whale Guarantee! If we are unlucky and can't seem to find whales or dolphins on the RIB tour you can try again for free on the Classic Whale Watching on the larger boats either in Reykjavík or in Akureyri.
- We supply warm overalls, gloves, goggles and all necessary safety equipment.
Dress appropriately for our northern ocean, so if you have it, bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves. Sturdy shoes are recommended.
- The tour has an age limit of 10 years & height limit of 145 CM
- The puffin season is only from approx. the 15th of May - 20th of August
- See Reykjavík City and the Harpa Concert Hall from the sea.
- Only 12 people per boat with expert whale guide and RIB boat captain.
- Quicker then the “Classic Whale Watching tour”, only 2 hours from harbour to harbour.
- “Whale Guarantee” If we find no whales on your tour you get a free return ticket on the “Classic Whale Watching Tour”.
- This tour may not be suitable for pregnant women. Consult your doctor before signing up.
- This tour is not recommended for those with a history of back or knee injuries
Meeting Point Information
Your tour will start from out ticket and service center at Ægisgarður 5 in the Reykjavík Old Harbour.
PLEASE BE THERE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
This way we can get you suited up and have a quick safety talk!