Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon & Boat Tour
Get a front row seat to the glacial lagoon as you sail among the gigantic icebergs and take in the power and the peace of this magnificent natural phenomenon. The lake is a result of Breiðarmerkurjökull glacier slowly retreating, leaving in its wake the lagoon and the oddly-shaped icebergs of various sizes. En route to the lagoon you will see some of Iceland’s most magnificent scenery, including the tallest mountain in Iceland, Hvannadalshnjúkur, and the sprawling black sand desert between Skaftafell National Park and the lagoon itself.
With its enormous and ancient icebergs breaking off from Vatnajökull glacier, this natural wonder of Iceland is a sight you absolutely cannot miss.
The lagoon produces a feeling of incredible tranquillity as the 1000-1500 year old ice silently drifts into the lake and slowly melts away. The lagoon covers 18 square kilometres (7 square miles) and reaches more than 248 metres (814 ft) at its deepest point. You may recognize the lagoon from scenes in Batman Begins, Tomb Raider and two James Bond movies.
We stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls. Seljalandsfoss is part of the Seljandsá river, which has its origins in Eyjafjallajökull glacier. What makes Seljalandsfoss so famous and interesting is that you can walk behind it. We recommend you bring either a raincoat or a waterproof coat along if you want to walk behind it. Skógafoss, another famous Icelandic waterfall, is the starting point of the Fimmvörðuháls walk over to Þórsmörk. The waterfall was also used in the films Thor: The Dark World and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
We will also stop at Vík í Mýrdal for dinner and there you can walk to the black sand beach and see the Reynisdrangar rock formations and columnar basalt.
Where we will stop during the tour:
- Lava Centre
- Glacier lagoon - with a boat tour among the icebergs
- Diamond beach
- Vík í Mýrdal for dinner
- Plus additional comfort stops
What you will see along the way (weather permitting):
- Volcanoes: Hekla, Eyjafjallajökull, Westman Islands, Katla and Öræfajökull.
- Glaciers: Langjökull, Mýrdalsjökull, Vatnajökull and several glacier snouts.
- Waterfalls: Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Systrafoss, Foss á Síðu and several others.
- Sandy plains: Skógasandur, Sólheimasandur, Mýrdalssandur, Skeiðarársandur and Breiðamerkursandur.
- Coastlines: In Vik, at jökulsá - the diamond beach and view towards south coast in several places.
- Fertile farmland and mossy lava fields.
|El mejor precio garantizado|
|Sin costes añadidos|
|Dificultad: Muy fácil|
Qué está incluido
- Bus fare
- Guided tour
- Approx. 30 minutes boat tour
Bring warm clothing and rain gear.
Remember to bring warm clothing and rain gear.
English: Mon, Wed & Sat (All year)